Student Visa Spain


New member
Aug 30, 2012
Non EU students may obtain a student visa to study Spanish in Spain. This visa is valid for a maximum of 1 year and is renewable. El Institute Internacional de Idiomas – III is accredited by The Cervantes Institute to issue   enrolment certificates to foreign students studying on one of our Spanish courses. These enrolment certificates are necessary to obtain a student visa from the Spanish Consulate or Embassy in your country of origin. As well as the the registration certificate you will need to present the following documentation: evidence of sufficient financial means to cover all your costs whilst studying, a medical insurance policy certificate with an organisation that operates in Spain, a criminal records certificate, and a medical certificate stating that you don’t have any contagious infections. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain all the relevant documentation and do so at your own cost. Is it possible to work with a student visa? Yes, but you will need to obtain the necessary permission from the local foreigners delegation office ( La Delegación de Extranjería Provincial). This work contract must be part time and must not impede upon the time or dedication required to complete your Spanish course. Can my family come with me to Spain? Yes, but only within the stated duration of your student visa and they may not pursue any lucrative activities during their stay. The 1 year student visa is a good option to study Spanish and Spanish civilisation. It gives you adequate time to learn the language, the customs, visit interesting places and understand the Spanish character and culture.